Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lab 10 GoogleEarth Overlay---WOO-HOO!!!



Okay, so here it goes....it is down to the last lab and I am actually EARLY in posting this....still behind in other things, but figured get this out of the way. Like Kevin said in his blog you need to find good maps FIRST!


I thought that the lab instructions said find 2 maps of the SAME location and overlay them....well my first image is just that....the Subway and Bus network in Berlin, Germany. I worked hard to get the actual subway and bus lines to match up....so the boundary of the city may look a little off.


But I realized that these were boring and Jill wanted us to see the 3D draping effects....so I also did Great Falls, VA...hoping to get some extra effort points for this! I would liked to have had a topo map...but couldn't find a site to download them for free...


I have included pics of both and you can find my KMZ file at the following link....

No comments: